Leadership opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain professional
with a major European raw materials producer
We are looking for an experienced and mature manager able to build competitive advantage for Carmeuse Europe through excellence in supply chain as leader of the supply chain community within the company.
Carmeuse is a long established, privately owned, western European company, which is a leading producer of lime products used in many sectors.
The company’s extensive network of production sites and customer locations across the different regions presents a complex mix of business opportunities, customer service requirements and logistical challenges for the supply chain function.
Carmeuse is now looking to appoint a leader for the supply chain community across the European organisation at Director level able to achieve transformation in this strategic function.
- 10 years plus operational experience within the supply chain area of one or more major multinational manufacturing companies including transport management. Experience in other functions such as manufacturing operations, purchasing, customer service, or other project oriented functions will also be valuable.
- The curiosity and intellect to understand a complex multi-site, multi-market business, think strategically and innovatively, and apply best practice in supply chain management.
- Experience of organising and managing internal projects in areas such as operational excellence, business process improvement, ERP/ CRM implementation, e-business etc. Must have a high level of digital literacy.
- 5 years plus experience managing multi-national/ multi-site teams demonstrating success in introducing best practice and in coaching and developing strong performing individuals and teams.
- Strong customer orientation. Experience using both internal data and feedback from customers and customer facing colleagues to drive improvements in customer experience.
- Able to introduce and build confidence in new ideas and initiatives within an established and successful multi-national organisation. Patience and determination to achieve effective implementation, and the personality and persistence to realise the associated cultural change.
- Fluent written and spoken English, plus excellent written communication skills. Additional European languages would be valuable.
This is a senior position, based at the Carmeuse headquarters in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium and reporting to the V-P Sales & Marketing. Candidates should be prepared to live within commuting distance, and to travel regularly on business to the company's European locations.
The role comes with an attractive executive salary and benefits package. Support may be provided for relocation where appropriate.